Monday, November 24, 2008

Welcome to ArtByJay!

My name is Jay. I am retired and currently living in Sandy, UT. I have been painting since Fourth Grade when I had a teacher who inspired me. I began with watercolors and then progressed to oils and acrylics.

At the present time my paintings are done in mixed media consisting of watercolors and other water soluble paint. I paint a variety of subjects including landscapes, such as lighthouses, coastal scenes, lakes and streams, fishing boats, mountain and rural farm scenes, castles, etc.

At retirement I was diagnosed with MS, and my painting has been a form of therapy. Because I am limited in the ability to physically participate in activities formerly enjoyed, my painting has filled a void and brought may hours of fulfillment and an increase in artistic ability.

My granddaughter, Sara, runs my Etsy and Artfire shops for me.
_______________________________

CONTACT INFORMATION:

E-mail Address: artbyjay.etsy@gmail.com
Etsy Conversations: http://artbyjay.etsy.com