Wednesday, December 10, 2008

8:20 a.m.: Why I need to be an Artist, and Etsy Artist of the Day: Courtney Cornett

I start work promptly at 9:00 a.m. Perhaps I should re-phrase that. My works starts with or without me promptly at 9:00 a.m. I am always here at 9:10 a.m. Never fails. I suppose it could be worse. And no one cares but me. I work through lunch on almost a daily basis, just eating my peanut butter and jelly (grape--yum) at my desk. But. This 9:10 a.m. phenomenon (that word is overkill...) proves a point: I need to not have a day job. I mean, I'm pretty good at rolling out of bed at 8:20, taking my shower, doing my hair and makeup, getting dressed and making lunch all within 20-25 minutes so I'm out the door by 8:45 or 8:50 a.m. But then I have to drop my husband off at school on my way to work--which takes 10 minutes. So, if I'm being honest, that usually puts me already at 9:00 before actually heading towards work after going AWAY from it 10 minutes earlier.

So this is why I need Etsy (and soon to be Art Fire because http://artsafire.artfire.com is the coolest URL ever--I had never heard of Art Fire before deciding on Arts Afire, which makes it even cooler) to work out for me. So that I can be my night owl self. I can stay up until 2 a.m. painting and working and not have to get up until 10 or 10:30 a.m. It would be a much better situation for myself. And I know that most Etsy artists get up really early when they get to finally make a go of it as a full-time operation. But staying up later (giving into my natural Sara) buys me the same amount of time, so it's a completely fair trade off.

My office is freezing today and I did not wear a sweater. Joy.

I'm so taking an early lunch and heading to Barnes and Noble for a hot drink to go with my peanut butter and jelly sandwich because today, today I am not working through my lunch. I'm kind of tired of that.

Countdown to Disneyland: 11 days.
Countdown to pre-Disneyland Vacation: 8 days, or 6 work days.

Now it's time for the Etsy Artist of the Day! *Crowd (of one) goes wild!*

Courtney Cornett


There is nothing in her shop that I do not love! It's all so great! But my personal favorite--the nerdy alphabet. She's currently working on finishing the entire nerdy alphabet (her un-nerdy alphabet has already been finished and it, too, is great, but I just really love the whole idea of a nerdy alphabet) and so far--I'm loving it.



Today's Dream: Buy each letter of this and decorate my future child's nursery (which, I'm sorry Courtney, will not be for awhile--but I've bookmarked you. :) Stick around.)



Now, I've run across a few "alphabet" creations on Etsy, so why buy Courtney's above others? Because 1) the illustrations are fantastic, and 2) I have not run into a nerdy alphabet and it's just so much fun!



So go and check out Courtney Cornett on Etsy--you won't regret it!

2 comments:

Tamara Garvey said...

hi sara, i just found you through twitter. i love your etsy shop! i am new to etsy too, and JUST started up on twitter. twitter is blowing my mind with its awesomeness.

take care!

Expressions By Devin said...

Great feature you have a awesome blog.Thanks for sharing your blog and etsy shop with me:0)