Sunday, December 14, 2008

Featured, Family Party, and Frustrating Christmas Presents

The semi-alliteration in the title of the entry was not planned--what a happy coincidence.

The grand opening of my Etsy shop is going very well. I'm getting a much faster jump off of the starting blocks than I ever thought possible. I just paid my first Etsy bill with plenty to spare (and to buy a few extra presents at Disneyland next week) from my Etsy sales this month!

And I've been getting a lot of internet exposure and word-of-mouth exposure, as well. For instance, yesterday I was featured by Timothy Adam Designs as the Saturday Super Shop! I'm very flattered because he gets a lot of traffic to his blog and there's quite a large amount of competition for the Saturday Super Shop feature! Check it out!

Click Here for the Saturday Super Shop Feature


Tonight we had our monthly family party and it was really fun! But it always is because we're a fun bunch. This Friday is my grandpa's birthday, so we all getting together at Ryan and Ann's house for a birthday party and to watch The Polar Express. It's going to be fun, again!

After the party tonight Jeremy and I went and spent some time at my grandparent's house to have some quality time with the laundry (we don't have our own machines--we must move) and I asked my grandpa for his help figuring out a drawing reproduction of a Charles Scheeler lithograph that I would like to do for Mike (my step-dad) for Christmas. I have been trying to figure out the proportions and the vanishing point and all that for days but had come to the conclusion that there was no vanishing point and it was completely free-handed and proportionately wrong. My grandfather confirmed this fact. I have to get this in the mail by Wednesday at the latest to make it there in time for Christmas and now, thanks to my grandfather's help, I can get it done! Thank goodness.

Now, it's time to get comfy and watch an episode of the Office with my husband before having to wake up to take him to a 7 a.m. final. Ugh.

Update: The Met Museum left me a twitter about my Met post. They read my Met story. My life is complete.

Double Update: Woke up to take my husband to 7 a.m. final. Got a text when I got homes saying that oops, it's actually on Wednesday. Great.

No comments: