Friday, December 12, 2008

Holiday Sale!!!!

15% off of everything through Monday (December 15th) on Art By Jay!



Professional large-scale, very detailed, gorgeous watercolors for unbeatable prices!!

Plus, a free upgrade to priority shipping to ensure Christmas delivery! Makes a great Christmas present for the art lover in your life!

Little bit about Jay (my grandfather):

Jay has been painting for over 60 years. He is retired and currently living in Sandy, UT. He has been painting since Fourth Grade when he had a teacher who inspired him. He began with watercolors and then progressed to oils and acrylics.

At the present time his paintings are done in mixed media consisting of watercolors and other water soluble paint. He paints a variety of subjects including landscapes, such as lighthouses, coastal scenes, lakes and streams, fishing boats, mountain and rural farm scenes, castles, etc.

At retirement he was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and his painting has been a form of therapy. Because he is limited in the ability to physically participate in activities formerly enjoyed, his painting has filled a void and brought may hours of fulfillment and an increase in artistic ability.

So go and take advantage of this sale since sales are rare!
http://artbyjay.etsy.com

5 comments:

Crystal Raen said...

Wow, that is so great that he is so passionate about art! I have always envied those that have that talent. Unf. paint brushes hate me! LOL. I'm going to check out some of his paintings right now!

Thanks so much for posting on my forum topic!

Michelle said...

his work is amazing! Off to check out the shop now!

Sara said...

Thanks! I've always admired my grandfather. He's such a great person and I've always aspired to be as talented as he is. I'd like to perfect my watercolor technique, but I'm AWFUL with watercolors! I think I'll have to ask him for watercolor lessons yet again. :)

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Awesome blog, Sara! Love seeing you in the social media scene!

Jen said...

Beautiful! I entered to win the free painting, too! Thanks for the chance!
-10oneworld