Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's so hot right now, and Etsy Artist of the Day: MLO Artwear


This is definitely my hottest item right now. It's been "treasuried" at least 6 times. And was treasuried again yesterday.
Check it out!


I also got in on the treasury action myself this morning. Crossing my fingers for the front page again. Help me out here and give it some love (clicks):
My Spring Colors Treasury


I am very un-motivated and tired today. We have my husband's work Christmas party tonight, which should be fun because everyone loves my husband and therefore feels like they're old friends with me, too, so it's very easy to fit in. Also, everyone who has seen my store on Esty loves my stuff--in fact, one invited us over for dinner the first week of January to help her decide where she wants to hang the paintings she will be buying from me. So I'm taking business cards today. And a white elephant gift (ugliest/coolest stuffed animal ever from Pier 1 Imports--I actually think it's a pillow, which makes it even worse, but funnier) for the white elephant gift exchange, which I am looking forward to because BYU department parties with white elephant exchanges are always hilarious. At least it was for my work, but I worked at the magazine and we were all artists and designers so therefore, creative. Hopefully the athletic department is creative enough to make white elephant gift exchanges hilarious.

I got five skies painted last night in preparation for foregrounds last night. All are for Christmas presents, so they won't be for sale. But I'll make more. I'm going to be making ACEOs in the next week, too, and those will be for sale--I'm excited about that.

On to today's Etsy Artist of the Day!!

MLO Artwear



Miniature Art On a Card


I love love love MLO Artwear's art cards (ACEOs). She has a very wide variety and is an ACEO collector's dream!

She also makes great travel tags to help you find your luggage. These are going on my wish list!


Travel Tags


She has an incredibly eclectic background which I think shows up in her art and makes her even more unique (From her Etsy Profile):

French native, grew up in North Africa.
Studied printmaking, painting and drawing, Masters in Fine Arts
lived in France, Switzerland as well as in Mali, Senegal, Haiti, Egypt, Algeria and Oman and Indonesia, and Alaska.


So I encourage everyone to go and check out MLO Artwear today and purchase some of her incredibly unique and beautiful art!

And while you're there, stop by my place at http://artsafire.etsy.com and my grandpa's place at http://artbyjay.etsy.com.

Countdown to Disneyland: 10 days
Countdown to pre-Disneyland Vacation: 7 days

1 comment:

Cut Copy Create said...

no wonder - it's gorgeous :)