Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Almost Done! And Etsy Artist of the Day

I finished my step-dad's drawing last night. It's a reproduction of a Charles Scheeler lithograph that he saw when we were in NYC (either at the Metropolitan Museum or at the Museum of Modern Art). I wasn't with him and my mother at the time because Jeremy and I were off looking at our own stuff, but apparently he couldn't get over how much he liked it--it reminds him of his own plant (not a green leafy plant, but a sand mining plant). So when asking my mother what I could do for Mike that was handmade she mentioned that lithograph. So, here is the finished product:



Pretty proud of it, if I do say so myself. I wasted many a sheet of paper trying to figure out the right proportions, so I turned to my grandfather for help. He confirmed that there was no logical way to draw it because there is no vanishing point on the original. So he has a projector and we set it up on there to get the original lines correct. When I came back the next night to do the lines he had already done it for me! He's pretty much the coolest grandpa ever. Then it took two more nights to get it all finished.

You can see the original down below in the next post or here.

Now I just need to get them shipped off today at lunch time, finish up my grandparent's Christmas gift (which I can't disclose here since I'm sending them here to see the finished drawing), and pack for Disneyland! Jeremy and I are doing Christmas shopping there and back here at home after Disneyland--so we'll be celebrating Christmas after Christmas, though we will have a few small presents to open on Christmas morning from my mom and dad and the gifts we're buying each other on our first night in Downtown Disney.

On to the Etsy Artist of the Day!

Matdi123.etsy.com


She makes incredibly cute greeting cards!





Everyone go and check her out! And if you live in the San Diego area check out her cakes, too! They're really cute and available for San Diego residents.

2 comments:

raku4u said...

Your Dad should flip! Very nice drawing....alot of heart there!

Have fun at Disneyland!

RM Clyde said...

How did I not know about all of your artistic talents when we lived together?

Still jealous bytheway

I'm signed up for your newsletter right? I'm pretty sure I signed up.