Saturday, December 6, 2008

Painting, Etsy Artist of the Day, and Pain

So far this weekend I've spent a lot of time walking to try and get rid of some of the excessive muscle pain I'm experiencing from an increase in weight lifting activity. You know when you sign up for a gym and you get that free personal training session to "introduce" you to the gym, even if you've been going to another gym for years, and it kills you? That is how I'm feeling right now. I'm feeling like I felt five years ago when I got that first free personal training session from 24 Hour Fitness. I couldn't sleep last night because it hurt to move, but I wasn't comfortable in my position. It was a dilemma. So I dragged my husband all over town just for the walking it would provide. And then I came home and napped because I didn't sleep last night. Then I went to the gym and walked.

Didn't help.

So, now I'm painting. The activity that I was planning to do all day long but never got around to. Kill Bill Vol. 1 came on while I was painting. I've gotta say--it has fantastic fight music. Kind of like old school Batman when "POW!" and "SHAZAM!" came onto the screen. Anyway. I'm doing a shades of blue color set, each 10" x 20". Going to be very cool (color temperature-wise and "cool"-wise).

I'm going to start a "Featured Etsian of the Day" on my blog here starting on Monday. If you'd like to be considered, comment here or post on this thread on Etsy.com

Now. Time to paint some more!

5 comments:

Leah said...

Good on you for using those muscles!! I'd love to be featured on your blog one day!

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

I love how certain music can put me in a mood to create :) I always have music going while I scrapbook!

I would love to be featured on your blog! You can contact me here:
memoriesforlifescrapbooks@hotmail.com

risa said...

Keep on blogging and painting! Take a look at my blog, where I write about similar pursuits

www.createdbyrisa.blogspot.com

fellow Etsian--

createdbyrisa

Terri said...

I wish I could start exercising but I just can't seem to get off the forums...LOL

I love featuring other Eyst shops I think it is so rewarding! Good Luck!

Terri

Fighter of the Night Man said...

Oh I love the music in Kill Bill! I believe RZA did it. Anyway, great looking blog - I'm now a follower!

http://championofthesun.blogspot.com/