Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sold another painting!

I sold another painting tonight!! It's a small abstract piece. One that I started and had no idea where I was going with it--I was completely confused until it was done! But it turned out well and now it's been purchased and has a lovely new home! When I first finished it I wasn't going to list it on Etsy because I didn't quite know how I felt about it. That's a problem I have--over thinking my art and therefore being too critical of my "happy accidents." But then overnight it really grew on me (one of my resolutions is to stop second guessing my art) and it's been one of my favorites lately because it's simple but still really pretty on the wall.



"Stained Glass Grass" - Original 12 x 12 acrylic on deep profile canvas

4 comments:

NewYorkMemos said...

Congrats! It's very lovely! ^_^

~Nyny

jolijoli said...

Congrats! It's a really wonderful shade of green! Very fresh :)

I also have that feeling of self doubt that creeps up a lot, especially when there is lack of sales! But I just have to remember to believe in what I do... and if I love it, then other will too... I hope!

Rita said...

You never know who is going to like what, it is tough not to over critique yourself.

blackmustard said...

That's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Thanks as well for your wonderful comments on my blog. It's so nice to realize that there are others out there who share my aspects of my experience.