Thursday, February 5, 2009

Featured Etsy Seller and Best Children's Room Makeover

This week my favorite Etsy seller is Stelabird! I discovered her through an amazing owl-themed treasury and immediately fell in love with all her plush creations--her owls, in particular.

Owl Snuggly

I'm particularly a fan of Stelabird because she got her start in much the same way that I did--as a release from studying and stress!

From her profile on Etsy:
"Well, hello there! I'm Estela. I'm a recent graduate from Oklahoma State University, with a Bachelor of Science in Human Environmental Sciences. I started Stelabird to escape from studying and I have not stopped since. I'm happiest when creating! I'm young at heart and love the cute things in life."

Speaking of cute:
Burl (the Squirrel)--isn't that a great name?

Meet Burl!
He worries more than is needed
He enjoys black coffee
He hoards; pencils, acorns, cake, music. You name it, he hoards it
He loves to play keys

Everyone go check out Stelabird today! You'll love her stuff!!



Also....

Today I ran across Creature Comfort's blog and she had just posted about her daughter's bedroom makeover. It is fantastic and actually makes me want to start having children. But I don't think "I want to be able to decorate her/his room!" is not a valid reason for jumping into the "children" boat prematurely. I think we'll probably just wait until we're both absolutely ready.

Everyone should check out the whole blog because it's really great, but if you just want to check out the specific makeover entry, click here.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love Stelabirds work it is so fun! I was reading a blog the other day where the girl decided to have an imaginary baby ... you should try that. lol Here is a link it is one of the funniest blogs you will ever read. http://www.loveheylola.com/

Stacey said...

I love Stelabird, I have a catnip donut from her shop that my 3 cats absolutely love!! Her blog is a treat to read, too.