Saturday, February 28, 2009

Rest in Peace, Phthalo


Today my friend Nicole's dog, Phthalo (named after the paint colors--Phthalo green, blue--because Nicole is an artist) passed away peacefully in his sleep. Phthalo was one of my favorite dogs--always so happy and playful and fun to pet. He'd been sick for a few months and if he hadn't passed away in his sleep Nicole was going to have to take him to the vet today. I'm glad she didn't have to make that choice and I'm glad Phthalo is no longer suffering, but it is still a very sad day.

2 comments:

SisterSledge said...

I took a break form painting, grabed a snack and sat down to read a few tweets...saw yours about Phthalo and came over to your blog. Oddly enough, the only color I've painted with today was phthalo turquoise.

Sad to hear of Phthalo's passing..losing a friend is always hard...but I imagine he's in a good place now.

Laura said...

I am so sorry about Phthalo. I am glad your friend did not have to make that decision. I am sure he will be missed.( he sure was a QT )