Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday Shop Feature: Metalicious

So for Valentine's Day I gave my husband a wishlist of all my favorite Etsy items for him to choose from (if you follow my blog, you know what the original wishlist looked like and that it was dominated by jewelry from Molecular Muse (which is where I got Jeremy a dopamine keychain for Valentine's Day because he's way into science--in fact, he woke me up by continually poking me at 3 a.m. this morning to tell me about science in his sleep and the night before that he woke me up by sleep walking around the bed and telling me he was going to turn on my nightstand lamp to find something science-y on nightstand--again, he gets to sleep through all this. NOT FAIR!), CoutureToAdore (which is where my Valentine's Day gift actually came from, see last week's shop feature), and Metalicious. Metalicious is, hands down, one of my favorite jewelry shops on Etsy. Here's some pictures (with links to buy the items!) to show why:

Blue Skies Stacking Set

Modern Rock Sterling Ascher Cut

Infinite Meaning Bracelet


Her jewelry is so modern and shiny and fabulous that it's impossible not to love it! Who doesn't love some tasteful bling? Obviously the last bracelet, the Infinite Meaning Bracelet, was on my Valentine's wishlist (because of it's meaning--"I'm giving you this bracelet because this is how long I will love you." Awww.) along with about 5 of her rings and a couple of her necklaces and a pair of earrings--thinking about it, I may have overwhelmed my husband with that list, but he managed. About how she became a jeweler her Etsy profile says:
My story: 12 years ago I was in a boring job and was desperate for some creative challenges where I could use my hands. I took myself to the local art school but the pottery class I was interested in was closed. Hmm. The only thing left was a metalsmithing class. So I hammered my heart out and have never looked back. I still have what looks like a tin-can I forged from copper sitting on my jewelry bench. It reminds me how close I came to missing out on my true calling as a jeweler. Sign up for deals and updates here at http://www.metalicious.com and peruse my woefully neglected blog at http://uberjewelry.blogspot.com

She has so much more to be seen at her Etsy shop with a wide range of prices to fit any budget. I strongly recommend that you check out her shop! She also will customize your jewelry for you!
Metalicious is fun, fashionable jewelry for passionate people. I believe in creating high quality, wearable styles. Since everything is made by my hands, any of the pieces in my shop can be customized to suit your needs and budget. Colors, metals and gemstones can be changed so that you can have the jewelry of your dreams.




Now, go get the jewelry of your dreams!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love the pictures you posted. But now I need to go to etsy and check it all out. Grrr I know I am going to want things ...lol Oh well I will just have to start my birthday list 9 months to soon.

Sara said...

I think it's good to have a birthday list all year long. But then, birthdays are HUGE in my family.

Metalicious said...

Wow Sara, thank you so much. This is a wonderful and well-written article! I hope to someday adorn you with metaliciousness!
-Stephanie

trentongal said...

Absolutely metalicious has some of the best jewelry around... I just love the necklace that I bought!