Monday, November 24, 2008

Welcome to ScarletBlvd!

My name is Sara. I've been married to my wonderful husband since 2006 and we currently reside in West Bend, WI where I am a stay-at-home mom and artist on the side and my husband works as a bioinformatics analyst.

I've been making art since I was 13, when I started by drawing Dragonball Z characters. Yes, I was so cool. But my shading and pencil techniques really evolved during that time and I eventually graduated to pen and ink and then painting. My grandfather has been a painter his entire life and I've always wanted to be like him. We have very different styles, but I definitely got my artistic talent from him.

I thoroughly enjoy colors. As a result, most of my abstract pieces have no subject matter. Or, if you prefer, the subject matter is color. Of course, my drawings and my more realistic paintings will have a subject matter, but color is an important aspect of each of my pieces.

Lately I've been very much into a more digital approach in my art. You will be seeing a lot of subway art (which I will work to customize with you) and a lot of interesting blueprint art prints.
_________________________________

MY NEWSLETTER:

Each month I hold a drawing for one free print. This drawing is taken using my newsletter subscribers. They also receive special sales and coupons. To sign up go to the http://artsafire.blogspot.com homepage and sign up using the form on the right.

I NEVER spam and I will not contact you for any reason beyond sending you the monthly newsletter and telling you how to claim the free print if you win it.
_________________________________

CONTACT INFORMATION:

E-mail Address: artsafire.etsy {at} gmail
Etsy Conversations: http://scarletblvd.etsy.com