Friday, March 27, 2009

Fun Friday and a Fabulous Find!!

The alliteration in that title was pure chance--Fun Friday was the only planned part.


Being an art historian I can't pass up the chance to see if I still hold all that art history in my head after not working in or studying the field for over a year. So when I saw this little art history quiz on How About Orange? I couldn't pass it up.

I'm very happy to say that I still have it. I missed one. And I can't for the life of me figure out which one it is.



So what about you? What do you know about art?

Tomorrow my husband and I remodel our kitchen. We aren't allowed to paint. Cue the grumbling. But we can buy all new furniture and get rid of what we currently have! We're bored and this is cheaper than moving. Today while looking on Ikea.com, where we are getting our new kitchen furniture from, I also found this:



Ta da!!! What this, you ask? And why are you so excited about it Sara? It is a magnetic knife strip. No more knife blocks taking up space. AND! It's only $8.99!! I've been trying to find a simple, unassuming knife strip for the past two weeks but they're all $40 and completely not our style. This is simple. This is our style. The more simple I found, the more expensive it got! Until: Ikea. I just might compose a celebratory rap ballad for the store and make a video and post it on YouTube.

If you want one of these babies for yourself, just click here. Also, a little hint: it pulls double duty as a spice rack over your stove if you have those great little magnetic spice cans--which I will have tomorrow! I am all about efficiency and space saving.

3 comments:

Pfeiffer Photos said...

I'm so taking that quiz because I'm an Art History student!

Dirt. said...

sweet spice rack tip! oh, and i'm definitely down for helping out with the rap ballad if you want to collaborate... i got mad skillz yo.

happy weekend!

Laura said...

Well I guess my test results showed that I was not an art history major or even a minor. :)