Monday, March 9, 2009

New Paintings and Music Monday

I have new paintings. But over the weekend I came down with a monster virus. I have no voice and my throat feels like it's on fire. Doctor said lots of rest and fluids because that's all you can do for a virus.

This means that I haven't gotten up the energy to take the pictures and edit them and post up on Etsy yet, which is why my shop is still woefully short of anything new.

But there's new stuff sitting on my art desk so it will be coming this week. In the meantime, I've finished my grape juice and am now working on my husband's apple juice.

I'll probably get around to it tonight since my husband helps me take the photos and he'll be home from work soon.

In the meantime, here's a snippet:
A single, ready to hang abstract painting


These, and many more, will be part of the mini painting greetings. These are not yet finished.


UPDATE: I did list the newest painting tonight. You can purchase it at my Etsy shop. More to come later this week!



On an unrelated note, came across "Stars without Makeup" today (daytime TV is devoid of anything!) on the Style network and wow, no wonder women have body/beauty issues today. If you go out without mascara (gasp!) you'll be caught on film and later the sentence "This is one woman who should never be seen without hair, heels, the dress, and the makeup" will be said about you. This was said about Janice Dickinson and I must admit that I do think she is kind of scary even with makeup, but still. She was coming out of the gym! I don't blame her for not getting dolled up to go running! And it was said about other celebrities that I think looked just fine.

This is why I work full-time until I make enough money from Etsy to just be allowed to paint all day.

Now it's time for Music Monday!

Today I just opened iTunes, hit shuffle and figured I'd just pick the first song that came up. Lucky for me, "Dream On" by Aerosmith came up! You know how much I love "Mexico" by Jump Little Children from last week's Music Monday post? Well, I love "Dream On" equally. Simply the best Aerosmith song every written.

I had never really gotten into Aerosmith until I was a senior in high school. My mother and I were at the mall (I'm an only child) and we passed a music store. She said, "Do you have any Aerosmith CDs?" And I said, "Nope. Don't think I've ever really heard them past that Armageddon song." She reacted with shock and mild verbal self-flagellation because how could she let her daughter grow up without Aerosmith?!

Apparently Aerosmith was her favorite band in high school and she'd listen to them every morning while she was getting ready for school and I absolutely had to hear the song "Dream On." So we went in and bought Aerosmith's Greatest Hits. It is still one of my favorite CDs. "Kings & Queens," "Dream On," "Remember"--all fantastic songs. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hope you feel better! The new painting is great I love the colors. I stole Music Monday from you. :) yesterday I posted I feel Lucky, because it makes me feel good and I was stressing. lol