Friday, March 13, 2009

Let's just recap those March goals of mine...

Here is what I originally said: "Because I seem to do better when I'm publicly accountable for things and because I work well from lists, I figured I'd post my list of March goals for ArtsAfire:"

Pfft. Until I became Mrs. Throat of Pain & Silence. And then Mrs. Infection Head. Let's see where we stand now that we're about half-way through March.

1. Stock Artfire shop with at least 15 items - Not a thing in that shop yet
2. 50 items in Etsy shop by end of March - I have 1 new painting...29 to go
3. Make business cards - They're designed...I just need to buy the business card paper
4. Give The Sampler a try--if only to receive my own free Sampler. :) - So not happening! Move to April.
5. Spend at least 1 hour painting each night (minus weekends) - I'm making a calendar for this so I can keep track - New goal--Spend 6 hours each night in bed, sleeping and having a hard time figuring out whether to breathe through the painful throat or through the currently useless nose. I can totally cross this one off.
6. Sell 10 paintings this month (not including the Mini Painting Greetings that I have planned for this week) - Not yet.
7. Finish 3 large paintings/painting sets - Nope.
8. Finish 5 small paintings/painting sets - Realized I don't have any large canvases on hand right now...must buy some first.
9. Try new things--like suggestions from comments on this post - YES!! I tried one new thing and it worked out! Then, I went to bed for a week.
10. Make a new painting for my empty living room wall. - Not yet. But I have it planned.

Personal Goals:
1. Yoga - Sick
2. Keep the house clean - Sick
3. Stick to the meal plan - I have been good about that. Except the night I couldn't stand the thought of swallowing--Jamba Juice all the way on that night.
4. Watch less TV - I've been going to bed earlier...does that count?

So, all in all, epic fail. But, to my defense, I have been in bed. And I have a whole half of a month left. Here's to removing the "epic" from "epic fail."

3 comments:

Amie Hartman said...

I applaud you for setting those goals! Good for you. I think that's what I'm lacking these days. I'm so scattered with trying to decorate the house.

Now I am off the check out your new ACEOs!

Have a great day!

thecraftbegins said...

Well still, you're trying! And kudos for that.

Rowena said...

Not fail.

Work in progress.

Sometimes we have to go backwards to go forwards, anyway.

And you're occupied taking care of yourself.

Go You!