Thursday, April 30, 2009

I should suck more often

That's what my husband said. (Get your mind out of the gutter!)

Two days ago I was lamenting the fact that my Etsy shop wasn't just slow like molasses, it was completely void of any activity, like frozen molasses.

Then yesterday I sold 6 paintings and today I sold another one! What is going on? I haven't even been promoting lately because I've been too busy with work and playing Viva Pinata on my Xbox 360. Looks like inflow = outflow is working. Add new paintings, you'll sell old (and new) paintings!

I wonder how Jeremy would feel if I decided I wanted to blow my newly earned money on summery dresses for work from Anthropologie rather than putting it back into my business this time...

The more I see the long dresses the more I think I could get back into the "long dress" habit--except I'd totally have to take them to my grandmother to help me shorten them all.



Update:

Me: "I'm going to buy a dress. We're going to Anthropologie this weekend."
Jeremy: "You can buy whatever you want."

Awesome.

5 comments:

Estela said...

congrats on the sales!
You should reward yourself and buy a dress or 2!

Laura said...

I want the yellow one!!! Get it girl you earned it ..... that is what i always tell myself. I just spent the last of my etsy money this week and now I need to get 20.00 from my hunny. oops lol

Amanda said...

I know! I saw all your sales. What the heck! That's awesome. Another one of my friends bought a few things. That'll be the day when people I don't know start buying stuff. Eventually...

Rachel said...

you have a great husband "you can buy whatever you want." Loverly!

Carolyne said...

Sara, your husband sounds like a sweetheart! Yipee for getting a good hubby!