Wednesday, April 8, 2009

In memory of Maddie



I've been following the Spohr family and their journey with their beautiful little girl for only a short time, but I, like everyone in the blogging community who have gotten to know the Spohr family, have come to care about little Maddie. Last night she passed away suddenly from breathing problems. Maddie was born premature and her mother, Heather, has been very involved in the March of Dimes. They were planning to walk together in the upcoming March for Babies and were hoping to walk with Maddie this year (she was in the hospital last year). Please visit her March for Babies page here.

Having recently lost my aunt Lisa unexpectedly, I'm still very emotional when I see other families struggling with an unexpected death. Because of this, Maddie's death has affected me today, especially since I feel like I've gotten to know the Spohrs through their blog (currently down). I still find myself crying at random times because I miss Lisa; I can only imagine how much harder it must be for the Spohrs to lose their baby daughter. My heart and my prayers are with them.

You can view her memorial video here.

1 comment:

UrbanJunkies/zuppaartista said...

oh i am so sorry to hear about maddie and your aunt. you guys are all in my thoughts.
warmly,
michelle