Monday, April 13, 2009

Music Monday: Embarrassment

Today's Musical Monday post is supposed to be a song that you're embarrassed to admit that you like. Until recently, it would be have any song from Britney Spears' new album, but let's face it, she rocks now. Best workout music ever. So I'm not embarrassed that "Womanizer" and "Circus" make me so happy every time I hear them.

But that leaves me with a dilemma. What am I embarrassed to admit that I like? Besides the Twilight movie, of course, but that's not music. I'm not even embarrassed to admit that I still like N'Sync's "Bye Bye Bye." (Good song, hot dancing.)

Then, inspiration struck. Lately I've been singing along with a song on the radio called "The Climb." At first I thought, 'Well, this is sort of a sappy song, but I gotta say I like it.' I kept hearing it and singing along with it and eventually it grew on me to the point where I loved it!

All this time I never knew who sang it.

Miley Cyrus.

As in Hannah Montana Miley Cyrus.

Now my husband makes fun of me (not because he's really thinks the song is bad, but because he knows I'm embarrassed about it). So, here's my Musical Monday submission. I'm embarrassed about it, but I love that song.




Musical Monday
Click here to play

10 comments:

AMH615 said...

I know, I hate to admit it too, but she actually has a very nice voice. I wouldn't even mind seeing her movie - but don't you dare tell a soul I said that!

I am Harriet said...

Does sound good

Rachel said...

haha I like it I'm totally going to download that song :)

smilemonsters said...

Hannah Montana is everywhere isn't she?! This week's theme was a little hard for me too. Because I like some funky, silly, sometimes bad music but I'm not afraid to admit it!! LOL

Jo ;)

Creative Coquette said...

LOL, that Cyrus chick is everywhere. I had no idea who the heck she was until I guess she has some movie coming out.

Britney, you don't want to but you can't help but shake yer groove thang :)

Anissa said...

My little girl loves Miley! Thanks for sharing!

Samantha said...

Hah! I listen to nothing but musicals in my car...perhaps I should be embarrassed by this, but I'm OK with that. ;)

Sara said...

Samantha,

Wicked is probably the most played music in our car. :) My husband and I both LOVE that musical! And it's in town right now (Salt Lake City) but the tickets sold out so fast that we're going to have to try for lottery tickets. We're going this Saturday in hopes of being picked.

Amy said...

This is the 3rd musical monday post I see with this same song!

Pfeiffer Photos said...

I have to admit I like the new Kelly Clarkson song, "My Life Would Suck Without You". The lyrics are innane but the music is quite catchy and that girl can sing! :)