Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Weekend Shopping Mini-Spree and Custom Orders!

My boss gave me some gift checks last week to our local mall and I used them this weekend on products to pamper myself with. The whole time I was buying stuff I was thinking, "What am I doing? I shouldn't be spending this money this weekend--this weekend is not an extra money weekend. I should just wait until next weekend." And then I'd remind myself that I was not spending a penny of my own money (except $3 of cash in my wallet) and I'd stop scolding myself. My haul? Here it is:

Nike Yoga Block. I'm can't quite reach the floor.


Aveda Pure Abundance hair potion. Love this stuff. When I sprinkle in onto my hair I feel a cold, trickling sensation. I imagine that's what it feels like for Harry Potter to be Disillusioned in The Order of the Pheonix.


Rosemary Mint body bar. I'm constantly looking for something to soothe my skin and keep it from itching. I have very sensitive skin. So far, this is working and it's a great, relaxing smell that helps get me in the mood for sleeping


Aveda Calming Body Wash. Another attempt on top of the Rosemary Mint body bar to curb my itching and soothe my skin. So far, also working. Also, great nighttime smell.


I also bought a new shirt from Express and it's HUGE. I hate dressing rooms so I always just guess. I guessed wrong this time. I look like a circus tent in it--must trade it in tomorrow for a smaller size.

Other than that I spent my weekend painting my new paintings seen two posts below and for sale in my shop. And I played a lot of Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise on the Xbox 360. All in all, a great weekend.

Then today I received two custom orders! One for my "Spring Branch" painting and one for a different color for my new Pure Color series (turquoise)! And, she's buying a few paintings that are already in my shop! Exciting!!

1 comment:

Seaside and Lollipops said...

Very Cool. I've never seen any of these products. When you get to be my age you realize that the young people around you are exposed to such new things that you never even think about. What a great boss to give you such a nice gift. You deserve to be pampered because you are always working at work and at home. I'm impressed with you and all that you get done. Wow!