Friday, June 12, 2009

Ogden Arts Festival Canceled

For us, anyway.

I was going to represent my grandfather at the Ogden Arts Festival tomorrow, but Jeremy's uncle died unexpectedly and, it appears, accidentally, today. He had no known health problems.

Jeremy isn't up to going to the festival and I'm definitely not up for doing my first outdoor festival all by myself in the rain (since it's supposed to rain from 3 a.m. to 9 p.m., which encompasses all the hours of the festival, from "set-up" to "take down,") and my grandfather can't do it because he has Multiple Sclerosis.

I called and talked to the Art Festival directors today and they said I was welcome back next year and they were sorry for our loss.

But anyone who was planning on attending tomorrow still should! There will be tons of great artists and crafters at the show and tons of opportunities to purchase some wonderful handmade crafts and art.

And thank you to everyone who has been supporting me and my grandfather and to my new followers! I appreciate each and every one of you!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Judy said...

So sorry for your loss...

Creative Coquette said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Big hugs for all of you.

jenuinejems said...

Very sorry for your loss.