Friday, June 26, 2009

Transformers and NieNie's Birthday

Friday is here at last! Has this week been the longest week ever for everyone else? It's probably been so long for me because I've been hobbling along really slowly on my scabby, swollen foot and I think when you move slower for an entire week, time actually slows down. I've been looking down at my foot all week because the scabs burn something fierce and I just want them to go away and I've been thinking, "Man...why is my foot so fat?" It wasn't until last night that I realized that it's swollen. My other foot, thankfully, does not look fat.

I got ready for work in record time this morning (seriously, 5-7 minutes) and so I had 30 minutes before I needed to leave for work. I settled down into the couch and flipped through the TV stations. Morning television sucks. Of course there were several Michael Jackson tributes going on all the music stations (I used to be a huge Michael fan, but can I just say that the Jam music video with Michael Jordan is slightly weird?) and a ton of P90X infomercials (I have the workouts, thank you very much) and Down With Love, which I've never seen because I don't much like Renee Zellweger's "lemon" face. But I found myself kind of liking it and wishing I didn't have to come to work and so I was subsequently 10 minutes late for work.

Anyway, the whole point of posting today was to encourage everyone to celebrate NieNie's birthday this weekend by either going to or ordering from The Sweet Tooth Fairy in South Provo. All proceeds go to NieNie's family and the Arizona Burn Center. And the cupcakes are to die for. Absolutely sinful.


We're going to see Transformers tonight. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can smuggle some cupcakes in...

Also, bought my Harry Potter tickets this week after re-reading the last two books. Cannot wait!


Now, despite my husband's protests that I need to keep reading the book series that he is reading, I think I will start Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows again.

No comments: