Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Body Hurts


For the last two days, since posting my July goals, I have allowed Jillian Michaels to kick my butt by subjecting myself to her "30 Day Shred."

One word: Ouch.

When I got the DVD I thought, "20 lbs in 30 days? Highly unlikely."

But after doing that 20 minutes of crazy intensity (and I'm only on level 1!) for two days in a row, I'm thinking, "20 lbs in 30 days? Very likely if I keep this up and I don't eat a lot of Snickers bars."

So, all in all, I recommend it. But know that walking down stairs or sitting on any low chairs for the first few days is going to be difficult and your quadriceps are going to scream for chairs that have arms to help them out a little bit. Ouch.

I have to take my bike back. It's pretty crappy--makes a lot of noises, and its one gear is set on "really hard." And, the toughest obstacle, which I can't get used to by getting stronger legs--I'm short. And an adult bike with the standard 26" wheels is pretty much impossible. I have to start and stop using a curb, and even THAT is stretching my limits.

So I found a youth bike at Target with hand grip gears and hand brakes (because let me be honest here--even the 24" youth bike is a little bit high for me and having to peddle backward to stop while trying to catch myself before the bike falls over is a delicate juggling act). Because it's a youth bike, it's $50 cheaper than the adult version and so is still only $99, $16 more than I paid for mine. I can handle that.


I can't find the exact bike on the Target website, but I believe it's this one, minus those extra weird handlebars. Anyway, it's purple and it's a Magna and it's 24" like this one. And it's pretty. And I don't fall over as easily because I can touch the ground.

For the next two days (until Sunday afternoon) I'll be out of town. Going camping with my family!

Update: I JUST WON SNOW PATROL CONCERT TICKETS ON THE RADIO!! I never win anything, so I said, "Really? Are you joking?"

2 comments:

Katie Nielsen said...

Lol...I'm glad you like the earrings! And don't worry...you were definitely not one of the blogs I was referring to in my latest post rant : )

Creative Coquette said...

Ouch! I know your pain. That's what my Bar Method DVDs do to me when I start them.

I need to start them again but am hoping that my CrossFit workouts have me prepared so I don't have to go through the "I can't walk down the stairs" phase, LOL

Good Luck!!!!