Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New Studio Remodel!

My studio has been a complete wreck since Christmas. I really needed to get organized, and after the Christmas rush the last thing I wanted to do was clean and organize. As a result, nothing got done. No art got done, not even vacuuming happened in that room.

But this past weekend my husband and I got the bug to remodel our apartment. This is what we do when we get bored and think that it's time for a change (i.e. moving somewhere new). Rather than move and tack on what is nowadays $600 more than we currently pay in rent each month, we take $2,000 and remodel the apartment in a fairly simple way. Pictures of the apartment remodel will be posted tomorrow--new couch, new home theater, new bathroom look, etc.

But today, I want to show you my studio! It's done and it's glorious and organized and so inviting! It's actually comfortable in there and it's not too crowded with supplies and "stuff."


Ta da!! As I said, it's glorious. I know where everything is. It's not too dark. It's not too crowded. And I have organization ABOVE MY DESK for my most used items. I know this is not a revelation to people--lots of people have this. But this is my first time with it and I love it love it love it!


When I was working on my Winnie the Pooh drawing (see yesterday's blog post) I had all my pencils handy and I grabbed my cup of erasers from the shelves, pulled my markers down, and I was ready to go. It was so fun!



My shelves hold everything I need, very neatly. Everything from my markers to my canvases to my crocheting and knitting supplies to my painting supplies! And the best part? Each shelf was only $14.99 from Ikea and they actually look pretty darn good!! All the boxes were from Ikea, all the storage cups, and all the wall storage. :) Gotta love Ikea when you're setting up an art studio.

Come back tomorrow to see pictures of the rest of the apartment! The living room has done a 180! :)

No comments: