Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Marathon Training

I bought an elliptical machine awhile ago, as I blogged about previously. However, it hasn't gotten as much action as I would like. What with moving and that awful bout of pneumonia (3 WEEKS!!), I have not been as diligent as I would have liked to be on my elliptical. So today, we're taking a break from blogging about art and etsy and business and we're going to talk about Sara's summer goal: to run a marathon on the elliptical machine.

I've posted my Marathon Training Schedule here should anyone like to join me. It doesn't have to be on an elliptical. Should you prefer to actually run, go for it! If you'd rather stair step for 26.2 miles, go right ahead! You'd be crazy, but go right ahead! Point is, I don't care how it's done, I just think it's a good goal and the end results will be a better fitness level and I'll be skinnier. I got the schedule from marathontraining.com and I added in my yoga and weight lifting days. If you haven't exercised in the past, I suggest you go there and use the Mileage Buildup Schedule and then come and do the marathon schedule with me.

It starts today! And marathon day is on October 17th!! I'll be checking in here weekly and anyone who wants to join in is more than welcome to report their progress here, too!

In the meantime, here's an obligatory Darwin picture. A little blurry, but still cute. He loves hanging out on my shoulder, especially when my hair is down--it's like a Darwin fort or something.

No comments: