Monday, June 28, 2010

New Paintings, Still having a Sale, and a Poll

I have a bunch of new paintings available for sale! They all turned out great and I'm way proud of them! There are about 6 or 7 new ones up with a few more to come later tonight. Here's one of my favorites:

Blue Flowers - 8 x 10

I still haven't received my copy of USAA magazine, but someone sent me a scan of the page my husband and I are on:


You can buy this painting in my shop now. It was kind of hard to decide to part with it, but hey, a girl's gotta pay the bills. :) It's available for $175 in my Etsy shop, ArtsAfire. Isn't my husband handsome? :)

Darwin is doing great. He loves hanging out in my hair, playing in the backyard, and watching us watch movies while he occasionally takes a nap on my lap. I love my life and my men. :)



I sprained my ankle something fierce this weekend. It's the ankle I broke playing football with my friends way back when--it injures easily.There was a massive depression in the grass at the park and I fell right in because I was paying attention to the inflatable hammer that Jeremy had just won by winning that "hit the thing with the hammer and hit the bell at the top" strong-man contest. My ankle bone looks like a golf ball and I now have one fat ankle. I spent my entire day at the pool yesterday, floating on my "basic pool noodle" (that's what Wal-Mart calls it) in the water and building up my tan because I couldn't do anything else. No walking for Sara.

I won tickets to Twilight: Eclipse opening night this weekend. I actually sprained my ankle while I was at the park for the meet and greet with Demetri and Leah (the characters in the movie) that was part of my prize package. They didn't trump my throbbing ankle so I gave up on waiting for them to get there and instead, like a genius, insisted on going shopping because Ann Taylor Loft was having a sale and I NEEDED this dress (and it's out online):

Nope, nevermind. Can't show you because that's how out-of-stock it is. I got it. It's gorgeous on me. But my ankle hates me more now. Anyway, best $22 I've ever suffered through.

And finally, a poll. I'm re-stocking my shop but having a hard time deciding what to focus on, so any help would be appreciated. Please please pick your favorite from these choices and let me know which one you would like to see more of:

A) More Winnie the Pooh Quotes











B) More sculpted canvas paintings











C) More circular "wave" paintings











D) More Ray of Hope paintings









E) More color panel paintings in different colors and sizes










Any insight you could give me would be great! Just leave your choice(s) in the comments. :) Thanks!!

8 comments:

holly e. said...

Absolutely love blue flowers, great colors and flow to it. You are really talented!

As far as the poll, I like D the best, but C feels most appropriate for summertime. But that's just me.

And congrats on winning eclipse tickets!

Sara said...

Thanks, Holly!

SOiNTOiT said...

The 'ray of hope' is my favorite. Lovely, actually.

Gallery32 said...

The new work is great! Thanks for sharing :)

Amanda said...

Tough decisions! I really like your winnie the pooh stuff but it doesn't really go with anything else in the shop. So in that case I'd probably have to vote for the circular waves, ray of hope stuff, and the last one with the shades of color.

I thought about calling in to win Eclipse tickets but Dave never would have gone with me. And I really suck at winning stuff on the radio. So I'm glad you won.

Rachel said...

I going with E. That's the minimalist in me though! Those are my fav!

robin said...

gorgeous colors and textures!

Sara said...

Thanks, everyone! So far the consensus is to do all of them. So I guess that's what I'll keep doing--then I guess I'll appeal to a wider client base, huh? :)