Friday, July 16, 2010

Nobody Can be Uncheered by a Balloon

Sometimes, I think this is probably true. I do like a cheerful balloon.

Nobody Can be Uncheered by a Balloon 8 x 10 print - $16


And then sometimes I think that $100 would probably cheer me up more. Especially this weekend, with my Disneyland trip coming up this week! A vacation is much needed right now! I'm out of my mind excited about it.

In the meantime, I've been soaking up the rays at the pool here. And this weekend will be a great pool weekend. 106 degrees here in Utah today. In-sane. Supposed to be around 100 tomorrow and Sunday. I think I'll just invest in some snorkeling equipment and stay underwater all day. :) Oddly enough, we'll be escaping the heat by going to California next week. Supposed to be about 20 degrees cooler there next week than it is here. 78 degrees with no chance of rain. Could there be a more perfect vacation weather forecast?

Has anyone reading ever been on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland? Have you ever noticed there is no happy ending? He drives drunk, sets off explosives, goes to jail, escapes, gets hit by a train, and then goes to hell. And hell is hot (which is particularly nice in the winter time!). And then the ride is over. Absolutely no "Disney" ending. It makes me laugh every time.

Me with Mr. Toad


Don't forget about the "Christmas in July" sale at Etsy.com! In my shop, all prints are $16 or less, the majority of paintings are $25, and large paintings are up to 70% off!

We Hope, 16 x 20 original painting for USAA Magazine - $75 down from $135


And at ArtByJay all prints are $14, ACEOs are $5, and originals are marked down 30%!

Canyon Landscape has been a huge hit as an ACEO and a print, and the original is now only $175! Other paintings are as low as $122!


So be sure to check out the sales before Christmas in July ends on July 25th!

To see the gorgeous Christmas in July treasuries I've been featured in, visit my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/artsafire. While you're there, hit "like" and you'll receive special sales and discounts exclusive to my Facebook friends.

Last but not least, I want to put a new freezer where this painting is currently being stored:

Complementary Crashes - 30 x 80 original painting - $225


It's currently $525 off. It's a great focal point painting and fits perfectly over any couch. Looks great in just about any room--especially if you have a neutral room. Surprisingly, the tones of blue and orange in the painting balance each other out to give a neutral effect when viewed in a room.

So as much as I love it and wish I could keep it for myself, I have another 3' x 5' painting in the works akin to the latest custom painting I did. So to move it in order to make room for a freezer, I'm offering not only the sale price of $225, but a free $35 gift certificate to whoever buys it. Just enter "GC35" in the notes to seller when you check out and you'll get the $35 gift certificate with your order (valid on your next purchase from ArtsAfire).

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. I'm going to the pool. :)

1 comment:

Diana said...

I love balloons! I've been dropping major hints to everyone that I'm expecting a room full of helium balloons with pretty ribbons for my birthday in August!

I've never been to Disneyland, but I can't imagine it being anything other than a ton of fun! Lucky you!

Your art is amazing! You should post some of it on my new site http://efreeme.com. It's free to list and sell!